And even past the summer solstice, no less. I have good friends who are visiting Vietnam for something like two months! They update their blog more than I have of late. They have pictures even! Take a look.
Some things have improved since I last blogged:
* I no longer sound like Marge Simpson, for instance. (At least I think I don't.)
* I watched There Will Be Blood, the first movie I managed to sit through in months. That final scene. Hmmm. Still thinking about that. Other than that, I was struck by the ordinariness of greed, hatred, delusion.
* I have a car! (Thanks to Jenny!) Now I can drive myself places, just like the old days.
* The house is back in a semblance of order. C. has taken to interior design and has made some nice improvements in the arrangement of some things.
* I've got a book to finish. Is that an improvement? Sure it is. I actually believe I'll finish it, despite recurrent moments of fear. Maybe after that I'll have other, more interesting thoughts.
Until then, I can offer you a picture of one of the happiest parts of my last sad trip to Texas:
Little Jay, my newest great nephew. With his Tia Donna. ¡Que allegria!