Saturday, January 01, 2005

Blogging in the New Year

All right, then. I told Marcia that I would start keeping a blog regularly on January 1. And back in the fall, Collin inspired me with his very smart post about how blogging has changed the "rhythm and ratio" of how he writes. Plus I'm supervising Marcia's independent study linked to Collin's course, so I need to be blogging if I'm to have any integrity as said supervisor.

Plus I just want to blog. I've started up a few blogs (including this one last April) but have never kept them up. (I have, though, used blogs in my classes: http://www.rhetoricsofmot.blogspot.com/ , http://redgroup.blogspot.com/, http://yellowgroup.blogspot.com/: the first time was the most successful, maybe because it was a graduate class and maybe because I had a better system for contributing.) Now that I've been lurking on several blogs pretty regularly for over a year, I think I have a better sense of the genre(s) of blogging and how I might use it.

We'll see, won't we?

But I have a lot to learn. I don't know much about changing up the template (how do I keep a blogroll, for instance?).

And while learning all that, I also will finish my book manuscript this year. That's right: I'm saying it here for all the blogosphere to see. I will finish my manuscript this year. It's time. Truly time.

Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Welcome! I look forward to reading your blog, as well as to Collin's class and getting serious about blogging myself.

It's so easy to read other people's blogs that I sometimes spend all my time reading when I should spend some of the time writing my own. I think getting into a writing rhythym will be key.

Oh, and I'm a witness - you will finish your manuscript this year. :)