Friday, December 01, 2006

White out

The view from my front door (photo courtesy of C):

Lotsa snow

Somewhere in there, there's my yard, the street, and the neighbor's yard. Somewhere.

Says the Columbia Daily Tribune:

Old Man Winter dumped between a foot and 15½ inches of snow on Columbia in a 24-hour period, making this year the second most significant snowfall since 1900.


Oh, and there's this:
Today’s snowfall has essentially shut down the city. Emergency officials are urging residents to stay home. The University of Missouri-Columbia called off classes today for the first time since 1995.


I was just complaining over at Billie's blog that I never get snow days like I did when I was growing up in Texas and any snow or ice fall was a major event. And now I get a snow day, but there's a small complication. I'm ON LEAVE! So, who cares that classes are cancelled? In fact, it's slightly annoying. I can't go anywhere. The roads are impassible. (Although I do see some tire tunnels in front of the house now, so someone got through.) What if I need to go to the store? What if I have a medical emergency?

Ah well. Keep warm out there.

5 comments:

techsophist said...

Wow--you definitely win the Missouri snow-wars. Missouri State canceled classes yesterday and today, but the snow is definitely not as deep here.

Billie said...

Yea, but you have **real** snow . . . :-) we had fake snow (sleet). It all looks so pretty in your picture!

John said...

That's the kind of snow I wish we'd gotten over here in St. Louis. Too much of it came down as rain and sleet. I think we got two inches around my house plus maybe 1/4 inch of ice. 8:00 and 9:00 AM classes were cancelled at my school, which means I got to stay home, but I was expecting 6-8 inches. Last night, my wife and I had decided we were going to make a snowman today, but there wasn't enough snow for us two Coloradians to think it was worth trying.

Donna said...

Yes, we could have made a snow man. Or a snow fort. Or done any manner of snow construction. But we didn't.

Too bad we don't have any cross-country skies lying around. Now *that* would have been fun. As it is, the only fun we had was shovelling. (And, really, I did sort of have fun doing it. It was the novelty factor.)

But, Lanette, I'm not sure Columbia *did* win the snow contest. I hear Sedalia got 17 inches! That's some snow.

dfadf said...

follow up with another email after a few days
Microsoft Office
often acknowledging that maybe the person
Office 2010
didn't get my message due to email trouble on my
Microsoft Office 2010
end (which, when I was in graduate school, was
Office 2010 key
For repeat offenders, I just use the phone whenever
Office 2010 download
Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.
Office 2010 Professional
I will be checking back for any new articles
I’ll likely be coming back to your blog. Keep up great writing. Find your great Travel News and sing the songs at Free Song Lyric or you can watch the drama at
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Thanks for kindly sharing it with us. Very well done indeed
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010