Thursday, November 30, 2006

So it ends

This month of daily blogging reminds me why I stopped blogging daily. Some days, I just don't have much to say. On the other hand, it reminds me why it's often useful to blog daily. Sometimes you've got something to say, and you just don't blog anyway, because it doesn't seem like a particular priority. So, on the balance, I would say an aspiration toward daily blogging is probably the way to go.

In other news, it's cold as heck and some kind of icy substance is hitting my windows. Yeck. They're saying lots of snow overnight. Maybe even--said the local NPR announcer this morning--THUNDER SNOW.

I remember a nice thunder snowstorm in Milwaukee in my first or second year there. C and I walked down Oakland to William Ho's. Not great Chinese food, but it was about the closest restaurant to our apartment at the time. The place was pretty empty, so we had great service. It was enchanting, walking the nearly deserted street, the snow falling, the thunder rolling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i remember a really great snow from when i was living in philly. at the time i was living on Spring Garden, which is only about 100 or so yards from the steps of the Art Museum. the flakes were these huge, puffy, sound absorbant things. despite being the middle of the day on a weekday, everything was so quiet - muted. it was movie snow; you know, almost too perfect to be reality snow. i sat in it for what seemed like hours.