Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Thank goodness

As I mentioned yesterday, I've assigned a couple of modest new media-esque things in the lit class I'm currently teaching. (And, of course, the students are blogging. These "things" are in addition to blogging.) I haven't said much about them because, well, they're modest, and many of my readers will have assigned similar things with much more finesse and such.

But thank goodness my students (many of them, anyway) are way ahead of me. Today they started work on an image collage: the idea is to take an image from a text we've read and to see how it gets taken up in a variety of other contexts, to see how the image circulates. And create a collage of images. For the days that we're working on that, we're in a PC classroom, so I wasn't sure what kind of image editors would be available, so I wasn't really planning to push the envelope much. (Hence I gave them the link to Dan's students' images but told them they didn't have to worry about using an image editor for this one.) But many of them are using image editors anyway. With pretty cool results. I'll link to some of them once they're posted.

1 comment:

Nels P. Highberg said...

No, don't hold back from talking about anything. Many of us have done little in the classroom like this and we can all learn. I'd love to hear more about what you're doing.