Sunday, June 10, 2007

Favoring curry

I'm back from Pittsburgh and happy to report that, as advised by Debbie and Mike, I had a delicious meal at the Spice Island Tea House. Wonderful little samosas as an appetizer, spicy Vegetarian Curry Trio for my entree. And, Mike--they seem to have a liquor license now! Because there was wine for our table.

And, since I'm speaking of meals, I'll mention that I also enjoyed a wonderful tofu curry at Soba, in Shadyside. Also some amazing blue cheese ravioli for an appetizer. It was a curry kind of trip for me.

I walked around the Pitt campus a good bit, looked around in the Cathedral of Learning, and found a nice used bookstore close to Carnegie Mellon. But that's about it for siteseeing--though I hoped to make it to the museums, I didn't.

But the people! K was an absolutely splendid host (as was J), B a wonderful new doctor of composition, and the other K a fabulous person who I was delighted to meet and talk with. And I got to talk to even more cool people, too.

Lots of spice to this trip. It was a good one. Many, many thanks to K for making it possible.

5 comments:

senioritis said...

It all sounds lovely. But I gotta tell ya, Mountaineers refer to that building as the Tower of Ignorance.

dhawhee said...

Other favorite epithets are: Highrise to the Humanities, and when JM and I worked there, in our house it was the "Cathedral of Earning"

I miss Soba!!

Lance said...

Maybe I'm just a sucker for antimetabole (plus, I love curry), but this post gets my award for best title of the summer so far.

Mike @ Vitia said...

Becky's likely relieved that the Mountaineer Cabin is no longer a fixture on the Forbes Avenue side of campus.

Soba in Shadyside was the fancy place where my attorney took me for my 30th birthday, and I liked it, but the divey and ecumenical Mitchell's on Craig Street was much more my speed.

dfadf said...

Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010
Office 2007
Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office 2007
Office 2007 key
Office 2007 download
Office 2007 Professional
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010