Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Snow Scrooge

It's snowing again. And I'm just tired of it! Tired. Effin tired.

The ice from 2 1/2 weeks ago still graces my yard. At least the snow on top of it will add some traction for the daily traverse back and forth to my car.

But better yet: some warm days to melt it all away.

The forecast says not till the end of next week.

Back in the day, when I was a small child in Texas, I yearned for snow. But I lived in Milwaukee for six years in order to become a doctor of sorts. That was snow enough.

A little snow now and again is ok. I can deal. But I didn't sign up for this! Mild winters--that's what I thought I was getting. I had never even bothered to buy a snow shovel until two weeks ago, when we got six inches or so on top of the ice. Now that snow's gone. But the ice remains. (I know: salt. But not on the grass, I think?)

So bah. Bah. Bah.

And humbug, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stopped at Westlake Ace Hardware and got some ice melt that he said is an environmentally safe alternative to salt. You might stop and talk to them about putting it on grass. The young man outside who carries the bag to your trunk was really nice and he talked in depth about the contents and how it is so much better htthan salt and works at lower temps. It might be worth asking. Plus, a 40# bag was only about $13.

Anonymous said...

Ahem. We got about 6 inches last night and they are calling for another 6-8 tonight. (But we do get the light fluffy very pretty stuff, and there is no ice underneath.)

I apologize to you for the weather.

Anonymous said...

alexander mcqueen shoes
kyrie 7
goyard bags
golden goose outlet
off white nike
golden goose outlet
kobe shoes
golden goose sneakers
air jordan
off-white